Glass Laminating Autoclaves
(click on thumbnail to enlarge)
Glass Laminating Autoclaves
Our custom and standard lines of glass laminating autoclaves are used in the production of diverse automotive, architectural, safety, and decorative glass. From small car windshields to large laminated glass, we build autoclaves in lab sizes and large, high production models. Designed to suit your specific load and laminated glass processing requirements, Melco Steel, Inc. autoclaves are available with auxiliary support equipment such as cooling, pressurization, as well as vacuum systems.
To meet intensive production requirements, we provide autoclave systems packaged with heating power and air circulation units. The innovative design in these systems allows excellent heat transfer and accurate temperature uniformity. Safety features of our glass laminating autoclave systems include door safety interlocks, 'Operator-Inside' alarms, and blower motor cooling alarms. We manufacture glass laminating autoclaves in flat-sided workspace designs for maximizing load capacity. Our proprietary blower motor design is ideal for high temperature operations.
A cooling system is used to limit motor capsule temperature. Operators can easily access the motor by removing the water-cooling supply and return lines of the motor capsule. The main autoclave cooling is controlled by a proportional valve that provides excellent temperature control and does not induce thermal shock in the cooling coil. Advanced computer control systems in our autoclaves provide intelligent, optimized cycle processing for maximum production and highest quality.
We design computer controls specifically for glass laminating autoclaves to ensure high levels of accuracy and flexibility. Typical features of our control systems include guaranteed soak, glass temperature monitoring, automated vacuum leak checking, interactive screens, and multilevel security. Controls can also be configured to help reduce electrical demand charges. Melco Steel's advanced vacuum controls adopted from aerospace applications enable OEMs to flexibly process standard and special interlayer materials.
(click on thumbnail to enlarge)
Glass Laminating Autoclave #1
Glass Laminating Autoclave #2
Glass Laminating Autoclave #3
Glass Laminating Autoclave #4
Glass Laminating Autoclave #5
Glass Laminating Autoclave 9x25
Autoclave Glass Racks
Glass Autoclave Brochure (PDF - 496KB)
Glass Laminating Autoclaves Specifications
|Maximum Working Diameter
|Maximum Working Length
|Maximum Operating Pressure
|Maximum Operating Temperature
|Maximum Wall Thickness
Heat Transfer Fluid
Cooling Coil Heat Exchanger
Quick Opening Door
Safety Relief Valve
Shielded Electrical Heating Unit
- Encapsulated blower motor eliminates the high maintenance necessary for through the vessel shaft sealing.
- Proprietary blower motor design allows operation at any combination of pressure and temperature.
- Engineered circulating fan assures excellent heat transfer to the load and exceptional temperature uniformity.
- Proprietary method of placing and securing insulation minimizes heat loss through the pressure vessel and minimizes operating costs.
- Location of typical electrical heating unit is shielded by cooling coil to prevent radiant heating of load.
- Cooling coil is a single pass heat exchanger designed for precise temperature control with ample provisions for thermal expansion to minimize thermally induced stresses and failure.
- "Man-Inside" emergency alarm cables are provided on larger autoclaves which allows operator to completely disable all autoclave sub-systems. It requires autoclave door to be opened to reset the alarm.
- Load track and floor is designed to allow for thermal expansion yet provide full structural support.
- ASME approved safety relief valve and rupture disc are provided on separate vessel penetrations to assure independent and safe operation. Many other redundant safeties are incorporated to assure operator and equipment protection.
- Most vessel penetrations, such as vacuum, thermocouple and cooling are built into removable and replaceable ANSI flanges. This allows easy modification or repairs without compromising the structural integrity of the vessel.
|Harris Quick Opening Door Features
- This proprietary breech lock door allows full and easy access to the autoclave interior within one minute after completion of a curing cycle.
- Safety is inherent in its design, but we also include mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, and pneumatic interlocks to prevent door operation while the autoclave is pressurized.
- No relative motion of the door with respect to the pressure seal provides long o-ring life.
- An oxygen sensor/fresh air purge safety interlock is available to prevent opening the door unless safe levels of oxygen are present. This complies with recent OSHA rulings.
|Control Systems Features
- Intelligent plus Optimized Cycle Processing for maximum production and highest quality
- Guaranteed Soak
- Glass Temperature Monitoring
- Automated Vacuum Leak Checking
- Natural Pressure Decay of Temperatures and Pressure
- Interactive Screens
- Multilevel Security
||Multiple Equipment Computer Control Monitoring|
Recording with Backup
|Honeywell Computer Controls
Network Compatible Computer-Based Control Systems
|Programmable Microprocessor-Based Controls Systems|
Set Point Controls
|Data Logger Recorder|
|Vacuum Control Types
|Vacuum Monitoring Options
|External Cooling System|
Oxygen Sensor/Air Purge/Safety Interlocks
|Related Safety Equipment|
Blower Motor Cooling Alarms
|Door Safety Interlocks|
Over-Pressure and Over-Temperature Protection Options
|Analysis of Equipment
Design and Engineering
Non-Destructive Field Testing
Training for New Systems
||Complete Turnkey Installation|
Freight On Board (FOB) Factory Services
On Site Start-Up/Operation/Maintenance Training
Back to top