(click on thumbnail to enlarge)
Since 1971, Melco Steel, Inc. has been a leader in the design, engineering, and fabrication of sterilizer systems. We specialize in the manufacture of steel autoclaves, pressure vessels, and other related products in conformance with stringent ASME standards. Our steam sterilizers offer operational flexibility and are integrated with unique safety features that allow us to meet stringent performance requirements. Autoclave sterilizers are available with our proprietary Harris quick-opening doors.
A highly desirable feature of our sterilizer equipment is the vacuum system. When incorporated into the design, the vacuum system adds a vacuum cycle at the beginning and end of the sterilization cycle. The initial vacuum cycle, or "pre-vacuum", is provided to remove all air prior to steam filling. Since air is a good insulator, this is beneficial and produces quicker and thorough penetration of the steam. After the pre-vacuum cycle, steam is back-filled into the chamber and the cycle proceeds as usual. Upon completion of the steam exhausting, or completion of the traditional sterilizing cycle, a "post-vacuum" cycle is initiated. This cycle is used to remove moisture from the waste products and odor from the chamber.
We fabricate complete sterilizers that comply with the exact requirements of the end user. Each system is unique and special attention paid in the preliminary design stages to assure complete satisfaction of operation and maintainability. Our steam sterilizers are proven and reliable options for the treatment, handling, and disposal of medical waste.
(click on thumbnail to enlarge)
Old Melco SS Sterilizer
Sterilizer Autoclave Brochure (PDF - 480KB)
Sterilizer Systems Specifications
|Vulcanizing Process Cycle Types
||Conventional Sterilizing Cycle|
Vacuum/Steam Sterilizing Cycle
- Encapsulated blower motor eliminates the high maintenance necessary for through the vessel shaft sealing.
- Proprietary blower motor design allows operation at any combination of pressure and temperature.
- Engineered circulating fan assures excellent heat transfer to the load and exceptional temperature uniformity.
- Proprietary method of placing and securing insulation minimizes heat loss through the pressure vessel and minimizes operating costs.
- Location of typical electrical heating unit is shielded by cooling coil to prevent radiant heating of load.
- Cooling coil is a single pass heat exchanger designed for precise temperature control with ample provisions for thermal expansion to minimize thermally induced stresses and failure.
- "Man-Inside" emergency alarm cables are provided on larger autoclaves which allows operator to completely disable all autoclave sub-systems. It requires autoclave door to be opened to reset the alarm.
- Load track and floor is designed to allow for thermal expansion yet provide full structural support.
- ASME approved safety relief valve and rupture disc are provided on separate vessel penetrations to assure independent and safe operation. Many other redundant safeties are incorporated to assure operator and equipment protection.
- Most vessel penetrations, such as vacuum, thermocouple and cooling are built into removable and replaceable ANSI flanges. This allows easy modification or repairs without compromising the structural integrity of the vessel.
|Harris Quick Opening Door Features
- This proprietary breech lock door allows full and easy access to the autoclave interior within one minute after completion of a curing cycle.
- Safety is inherent in its design, but we also include mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, and pneumatic interlocks to prevent door operation while the autoclave is pressurized.
- No relative motion of the door with respect to the pressure seal provides long o-ring life.
- An oxygen sensor/fresh air purge safety interlock is available to prevent opening the door unless safe levels of oxygen are present. This complies with recent OSHA rulings.
||Multiple Equipment Computer Control Monitoring|
Recording with Backup
Network Compatible Computer-Based Control Systems
|Programmable Microprocessor-Based Controls Systems|
Set Point Controls
|Data Logger Recorder|
|Vacuum Control Types
|Vacuum Monitoring Options
|Vacuum Pump/ System
|External Cooling System|
Oxygen Sensor Interlock
|Related Safety Equipment|
Blower Motor Cooling Alarms
|Door Safety Interlocks|
Over-Pressure and Over-Temperature Protection Options
|Analysis of Equipment
Design and Engineering
Non-Destructive Field Testing
Training for New Systems
||Complete Turnkey Installation|
Freight On Board (FOB) Factory Services
On Site Start-Up/Operation/Maintenance Training
Back to top